Thursday, June 10, 2010

Terribly Terrific Two!

It's Jude's day!
He won't officially be 2 until later tonight, but as I recall, this whole day 2 years ago was about him.


I was scheduled to be induced on June 10, 2008
This is me the night before...

...and the last night that he was in my belly.
The next night, after a lot of pain, drugs and ultimately, surgery, I was finally holding my son.

He was beautiful
He was BIG
He was ours

I just wanted to stare at him all day long
To soak up the miracle of this gift
Though I knew from experience that the next few months were NOT going to be easy...


But he was still my precious child and I fell in love all over again
And now...
He is 2 years old.
How does 2 years go by so fast?
Now he is a...
...happy...

...active...

...curious...

...little boy.
And I feel so blessed to be a mother.


Happy 2nd Birthday Jude!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This boy's growing up so fast, he's going to catch up with Cecilia.
Happy birthday, Jude


d-d-d-o

Anonymous said...

That picture of Terry and Jude with the little scooter made me smile and gave me a warm feeling all over! :)