Friday, June 11, 2010

One-Ingredient Ice Cream???

I just met the most amazing food today.

If you know me, then you know that I am a huge sucker for ice cream.
I blame my dad for this.
Can I help it if I was a daddy's girl?
Can I help it if the strongest bonding memories I have of him as a child were made over bowls of Blue Bell?

Well if you also know me, you know that I am not skinny.
There, I said it.
I'm a fat girl who loves ice cream.
And the only "healthy" ice cream I have ever found that I liked was an amazing sugar-free strawberry version put out by Kroger.
But guess what?
They discontinued it.

Nice.

So despite my best efforts, Blue Bell has found its way back into my house time and again over the years....and the weight has found its way back too.
(can't blame it ALL on ice cream...but it's the biggest offender in my opinion)
So when I read an article about a one-ingredient ice cream...that was healthy...I was all ears.
So here goes folks...

If you love cold desserts

If you can't eat dairy

If you love EASY foods

Have I got a treat for YOU!


This amazing bowl of sweet, cool, creaminess

is

made

from

one

ingredient:

BANANAS

I'm not kidding.

I made it today and it was absolutely delicious!
The directions to make it were found here.
The cool thing about this is that you can add little things like chocolate chips or a tablespoon of peanut butter and it doesn't hurt the calorie count too badly.
Plus...the PB adds protein!
Just remember that you need to use those overripe bananas that you are about to toss in the trash.
I've got 3 trash-worthy bananas headed to the freezer right now.
Give it a try.

I dare you.

You'll thank me...I swear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is definitely a must try....
I'll have to pull out my half-gallon bowl from the back of the shelf and give it a try...
Hope that by the end of the summer I'm not at 300 lbs.
Thanks, buddy

d-d-d-o