Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pictures!

Here are a few pictures that have been taken the past several days. (and oh my gosh how i wish i had a better camera...)

First off, I wanted to post the picture of the cart/highchair cover that I made for Jude. I have already noted several design adjustments that need to be made to it. Honestly, I'll probably end up making an entirely new one for him once I find another fabric that I like. Anyway, here he is in the cart at the end of our HEB trip on Sunday. This is one of their larger baskets and it fits just fine. It originally had a drawstring, but I never felt like it was tight enough and I always had this massive length of string hanging from the cover to do something with. So I pulled out the drawstring and replaced it with elastic. Works like a charm! Fits sooooooo much better.




The coolest thing about this cart cover is that my sister-in-law's friend Astrid (our new playdate buddy!) checked it out in person yesterday and has commissioned me to make one for her!! I can't wait to get it going. We also bought me a table this weekend so that I can set my sewing machine up in a permanent location and I won't have to pull it out of the box every time I need it. I'm very excited at the thought of my own little sewing spot...even if I will be a bit cramped for storage space.


The next set of pics are from Saturday evening. We got some Pizza Hut and took it over to Terry's dad's house and he got to spend some time with the kids. We were out in his back yard for a while because we had a visit from the horse that lives on the lot behind his house.






Jude and Cecilia wandering around outside


Jude and Grandad



Cecilia checking out the Antlion trap that Mr. Morgan pointed out to her

....and one of her notorious lovely faces for the camera.

Mr. Morgan and his "puppies", Penny (l) and Cooper (r)


Cecilia feeding Penny a biscuit because they were so well-behaved around the kids


And last, but not least, here are just a couple of cute pics from home.

Jude lined all of his cars up on the windowsill one morning. Thought it was too cute.

....and just a big cheesy grin to end this post!

Have a great rest of the week!!


2 comments:

Astrid said...

Hey girl! Check out my blog today. Hope you don't mind me pushin' your product!

Leslie said...

Cute pictures! Thanks for sharing them. :)