Thursday, July 2, 2009

Busy!

Since my last post a lot has been going on! I really had set my goal to write at least SOMETHING every day or two, but this has been a crazy and eventful week so far and this is my first opportunity to sit down and write. I should actually be getting showered and such instead....but procrastination is my middle name ...what can I do?

First off, my weekend started with a late night pick-up of my sister-in-law, Leslie, and nephew, Ryan (13 1/2 months old), from the airport Friday night. After picking them up around 11:15 pm and bringing them here for the night, we didn't get to sleep until probably 1 am or so. Of course, the babies were up bright and early Saturday morning, but we didn't mind because it was the first time that the boys had seen each other since January when they were 7 (Jude) and 8 (Ryan) months old. They have had a good time playing together so far during this visit.

First moments Saturday morning....Jude kept wanting to grab Ryan's head!
















Jude on the left, Ryan on the right


















Cute pic of the boys playing

















After a fun morning with the boys, we headed off to a birthday party in the afternoon. Terry and Leslie's cousin Nancy has a little girl named Raven who turned 2. Jude and Ryan got to see some family that they don't get to see very often. And it was a first meeting for Ryan and some of them! Since Leslie and Ryan live in New Jersey, family get-togethers are few and far between, but we are always sure to make the most of the visits we get! The party was fun though. They had a bouncy type thing with a waterslide for the kids...well, some "big kids" found their way on it too, but not me! =) Once Cecilia got up the courage to ask another little girl to play with her, she had a good time as well.

Since then it's been a lot of hanging out with Terry's dad and Leslie and Ryan. I'm glad we've been able to spend so much time with them....AND that Mr. Morgan (Terry's dad) has gotten to spend most days with Ryan. I'm pretty sure that having long-distance grandkids is no fun at all. You'd think that I lived in another state the way my mom complains about not seeing my kids....and she's only 35 mins away from me!


Right now, Leslie is with Ryan visiting her in-laws in Crockett, TX for a couple of days, so we're just spending some time at home. We're having a new alarm system installed today, so any hopes of doing something "vacationy" while Terry's off this week are pretty much shot. But I have to say, it's been nice having him around all day. I'm sure Jude has enjoyed it the most though...he's such a Daddy's boy!!


Speaking of the little guy, he's had a pretty eventful few days. On Saturday one of his birthday gifts arrived (ordered with b-day $$). Here he is enjoying it...































...and here he is already trying to get into trouble on it...






































Another cool thing that happened this weekend was Jude actually saying "bye-bye". He waves his little hand and says the words. It's so flippin' cute. Here is me trying to catch this on video:





Aside from that he is also mimicking a lot of what we say and the sounds we make. Every day brings a new development. It is impossible to document them ALL...but I'll try to do the best I can!

Next time I think I'll update on some of the crafty stuff I've been attempting lately. I'm sooooo itching to make stuff these days....it's crazy!

No comments: