Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Catching up...Part I ~ No surgery, BFF, DUI victim & junior high

It hasn't been busy so much as it has been FULL.
There is a difference.
To me anyway.

To me, being "busy" implies that you have too much going on and not enough time to enjoy what it is you're doing.
We have had a lot going on, but not TOO much and I've definitely been enjoying every minute of it.

So what has been going on?

Well, my last update was at the beginning of August and now we're knocking on October's there is much to talk about. Hence the "Part I".

Summer came and went without too much excitement.
There was the impending tube surgery for Jude's ears at the end of August, but our prayers were answered and his ears finally let go of the fluid they had been hanging onto for months and months. So the surgery was cancelled! We will now keep an eye on the situation during cold & flu season and just continue to pray that he grows out of this.

The summer consisted of a lot of hanging out and goofing around.

We also had a nice visit from Scott, my best friend since 9th grade AND the kids' Godfather.
He had just come back from a 2 week mission trip to Kenya and I was eager to hear all about it.
He was also eager to spend time with the kids.
He is loving the "boy" time he gets with Jude as well.

Well, I guess we had one little moment of excitement this summer when someone drove over our mailbox.
Terry happened to be running on the treadmill in the garage when it happened and saw the whole thing.
The worst part was that the driver never stopped...yet left ALL of his side mirror and some other debris on our driveway.
Since Terry saw the car, I made him hunt the guy down and when he did locate the car he attempted to talk to the guy about it.
Well, it wasn't even his car...he was just visiting a relative in the neighborhood and had borrowed it
AND he didn't even seem to realize he had hit anything.

I'm thinking that if I did this to a mailbox
and left parts of my car behind 
and had shattered part of my windshield
and likely banged the door up enough so that it couldn't be opened properly...
...I would probably know that I had hit something.
So yeah, we're pretty sure that he was under the influence of something.
Called the sheriff...nothing could be done since the guy wasn't on the road anymore.
So we still have a temporary mailbox up for now until Terry and his dad can rebuild the original.

The end of August also brought the beginning of school for Cecilia.
She is now a 6th grader.

She seems to be enjoying junior high.
It definitely has been an adjustment, but she is adapting well and loves the opportunity to make new friends.
The worst part of the year so far?
Having P.E. 1st period.
But her first progress report came home last week and she has A's in all her classes thus far...actually, four 100's, a 96 and a 97. Not too shabby!
She is now wishing that she had taken pre-AP (honors) for all of her core classes instead of just science and language arts. The regular math and social studies classes are really too slow for her, but she plans on loading them all on next year.
Glad she's up for the challenge!

Well, I think I'll stop here for today.

To be continued....

No comments: