Monday, October 11, 2010

Music Monday #15 ~ My Björk

She's been my dearest musical love for over 15 years now.

She made my room look like this...


...helped cultivate a deep friendship with this guy...


...and broke my heart in this movie.


I am eternally connected to her...though I will likely never meet her.

But the thing that got me the most about her was the purity of her voice.
Most often in her music it it hard to truly hear it's power because it has to compete with the electronic sounds and orchestras in her music.

But I have finally heard a gorgeousness from her that I haven't heard years.
A collaboration with Antony and the Johnsons.

Fletta

Completely in Icelandic...only accompanied by Antony Hegarty and a piano.

Absolutely gorgeous.

And it comes at a perfect time in my life.
These days have found me very introspective and pondering.
And that is the emotion I also feel while listening to this song.

I do hope you'll give her voice a chance.


No comments: